This semester I decided to become a Big in my sorority and that meant I had to come up with a lot of gifts in a short amount of time! If you’re thinking of becoming a Big, don’t let your financial situation hold you back from being a mentor and best friend to a new member – I was able to buy and make a lot of gifts, all for under $150 and in a little amount of time, too! It can be a little overwhelming to have to do all this shopping all at once, but I came up with a few of my favorite DIY cheap sorority crafts and gifts!
- Painted badge box
- DIY shirt letters – all you need is two contrasting fabrics and Heat n Bond (I recommend the value pack!)
- Iron-on transfer designs for custom shirts – Print (backwards!) onto iron-on transfer sheets to easily make your own custom designs
- Painted canvas
- Wooden Greek letters – these are tricky to find in store but Amazon has a great selection
- Painted photo frames
- Quote mugs – Use sharpies to write on mugs and then bake in the oven
- DIY photo tumblers – Print out sheets with photos and your sorority letters and slide into fillable tumblers
- Etched wine glasses – all you need are blank wine glasses and etching glue
- Greek cookies – find cheap Greek cookie cutters here
- Wood plaques – Lowes can cut wood pieces into any shape you want – like the sailboat for Tri Sigma
- Custom phone case – find clear phone cases here that you can customer with Lily prints or letters
- Canvas tote with letters – find blank canvas totes here that you can iron letters onto
–Adhesive paper – a quick and easy way to cover wood letters or photo frames if you don’t have enough time to paint.
–Metallic Sharpies – make your crafts look even classier without having to mess around with brushes and paints.
-Iron on transfer sheets – spend $10 on a pack of printable transfer sheets and print out a cute design with an inkjet printer. This is a great way to get a ton of shirts for cheap! Just be sure to use non-stretchy shirts and wash them inside out.
I hope you got an idea or two for what you should craft next for your sisters! Here’s a few more of my favorite gifts and cheap sorority crafts you can get on Amazon if you’re in a pinch for time. And don’t forget to sign up for an Amazon Prime student trial if you haven’t already, that way you can get everything delivered in two days – and if you sign up via this link, you can get 6 months of Amazon Prime for free!