When it comes to countering body odor, nothing could beat the performance of a deodorant. The best results however are dependent upon the quality of the product and which brand it is. People seeking deodorant couldn’t just rely on any product.
There are some people with sensitive skin and allergic concerns where the scented deodorants could prove to be a nightmare for them. To rectify this and to find a workable solution for people with allergic concerns and sensitivities, unscented deodorants are available.
The unscented deodorants usually are unisex. It is a great option for people or families to save on time and money. The unscented deodorants that come with natural crystal content are the most desirable type. But, we wouldn’t conclude things here as there are a lot of other things to be checked as well in this regard.
Top 10 Unscented Deodorants to Purchase
If we look around the fragrances market, then there are plenty of unscented deodorants available where each offers a different value. To make your search easy, the following are the top products that you can consider purchasing right away:
FF Almay Fragrance-Free Deodorant plus Antiperspirant for Sensitive Skin
- This is a 2 in 1 product that comes with fragrance-free deodorant and antiperspirant together.
- The deodorant doesn’t leave behind any residue so no fear of stained clothes.
- The stick deodorant is very convenient to apply.
- The deodorant offers a wet application and lasts quite long.
- It may feel a bit tacky and sticky for a minute after applying.
Schmidt’s Sensitive Skin Fragrance-Free Deodorant
It is easy to find natural unscented deodorant but what matters the most is to find one that works as well for the job. This is one great product that will satisfy all your needs. It is not only unscented but it is free of aluminum as well. The manufacturer has produced this product with all-natural ingredients. The list of ingredients is dominated by arrowroot powder and baking soda. Therefore, if you have sensitive skin or just looking to avoid standard deodorants with scents and harsh chemicals, this one will be a perfect choice for you.
- It is made from all safe and natural ingredients including arrowroot powder and baking soda.
- This unscented deodorant is free of aluminum or any toxic chemicals.
- It lasts long and will keep you odor-free the entire day.
- It is ideal for those with extremely sensitive skin.
- This product may easily stain light-colored clothes.
Arm and Hammer Essentials Unscented Deodorant
This product from Arm and Hammer Essentials comes in the solid deodorant form. It contains organic citrus ingredients that would enable you to stay fresh all day. When it comes to fighting body odor and bacteria together, this unscented deodorant is second to none. The manufacturer does a great job with all-natural ingredients. There are no toxic chemicals included such as aluminum and paraben etc. It does last long and you can measure and compare its performance with other similar products easily. It will come up as a true winner.
- The product use only natural ingredients including plant extracts and baking soda.
- It comes free of parabens, aluminum, colorants, and other toxic chemicals.
- There is no usage of any animal-derived ingredients.
- The practical usage of this unscented deodorant has shown good long-lasting results.
- It may cause yellow stains on clothes.
Ban Unscented Original Rollo-on Deodorant
- The roll-on is easy to use and it glides very smoothly on your skin.
- It treats bacteria and sweat perfectly while reducing sweat levels as well.
- The product once applied could last for full 24 hours.
- It is highly suitable for extremely sensitive skin.
- Its ability to control the underarm odor is a bit weak.
Tom’s of Maine Unscented Natural Deodorant
- The product meets the highest quality standard and it is Certified B Corp.
- The performance of this fragrance-free deodorant is top-class that lasts for 48 long hours.
- It doesn’t contain any artificial or toxic chemicals at all. It doesn’t contain aluminum either.
- It is an environmentally friendly product that perfectly fights body odor-causing bacteria.
- In this 6-pack, one or more may come with a peach scent, while others are unscented. So, be careful.
Dove Invisible 6-pack Antiperspirant Deodorant
Yes, you read that right. It is a 6-pack product and no pun intended there. This comes as a package deals with each deodorant stick of 2.6 ounces. Dove is a renowned brand and all their product line is known for suiting people with sensitive skins and allergic concerns. If you prefer your skin safety, Dove is a top choice. It contains all-natural ingredients and no alcohol even that could bother you. The natural ingredients including in this one takes full responsibility for the underarm odor. The stick applicator makes application very easy. If you have dry skin, reverting to Dove will be a very wise decision.
- This unscented deodorant is good enough to last for 24 hours.
- It is made from safe ingredients so no skin allergy or irritation concerns at all.
- Applying this deodorant stick is easy because of its smooth gliding ability.
- It does not contain any traces of alcohol.
Arrid XX Extra Dry Solid Unscented Deodorant
- It is one of the long-lasting deodorants with 48 hours of protection.
- The formula of this deodorant is non-greasy and non-sticky.
- It is equally suitable for both men and women.
- There is absolutely no fragrance and people with sensitivity could trust it.
- It contains aluminum which could be a concern.
French Transit Crystal Rock Unscented Deodorant for Men
- The product offered by French Transit is cruelty-free and vegan as well.
- It doesn’t have toxic chemicals such as aluminum chloride, parabens, silicones, and phthalates.
- The unscented deodorant offers great performance with the ability to last for 24 hours.
- It will not cause any staining of clothes as it is non-greasy and doesn’t leave behind residue.
Secret Clear Gel Unscented Deodorant for Men
As the name above suggests, this is a deodorant for women only. It is a package deal with six bottles coming in 2.6-ounce size for each. It is an antiperspirant plus deodorant to offer you super protection against body odor, sweat, and bacteria. If you apply it once with a decent quantity, the impact would last for good long 48 hours. It is a gel formula. This means that you don’t need to worry about getting any stain on your clothes. It is also quite a lightweight unscented deodorant. You will be at ease as it will perform well to keep your skin dry and you wouldn’t feel sticky at all. The practical experience of the customers has proved that the odor and sweat control is highly commendable.
- It is a gel formula and it wouldn’t cause any staining of your clothes.
- The performance of this unscented deodorant is excellent and it will last for 48 hours.
- It is a lightweight deodorant and wouldn’t feel sticky at all while keeping your skin dry as well.
- It is a great package deal with 6 bottles of deodorant that will offer excellent value for money.
- It isn’t strong enough for extreme sweat cases, such as those working out in gyms.
Speed Stick Unscented Deodorant
- It comes free of any toxic chemicals and will not cause any irritation of the skin.
- It is a lightweight formula that works well for perfect odor control.
- The formula is non-sticky and it ensures that your clothes are not stained.
- It just needs a couple of swipes max and that will last for many hours.
- The push-up piece of the deodorant is rigid and sometimes it could just unscrew as well.
Frequently Asked Questions about Unscented Deodorants
What is the point of using an unscented deodorant?
They are made from natural and non-allergic ingredients. This makes them useful for people with skin allergies and other sensitivities. They work well for lessening the wetness amount under the arms and killing bacteria.
Is it safe to use deodorant every day?
If you are having a good product that lasts for 48 hours then you do not need to apply it every day. However, considering the natural source of the product with no toxic chemicals, you may use it every day.
Will it be OK to apply unscented deodorant after shaving my underarms?
If you have sensitive skin and allergic concerns then do not apply unscented deodorant after underarm shaving. This may cause your skin to irritate.
Which is the best form to have a deodorant?
Deodorant comes in the form of roll-on, solids, and spray. As per the convenience and best productivity, the roll-on is considered as the best option.
Things to Consider when Buying the Unscented Deodorants
If you are reading this then you must be sure about the difference between scented and unscented deodorants. Shortlisting this far wouldn’t make the deal for you. There are a few other factors that you must consider. We will be facilitating you with all the information in this section that is required for buying the most productive unscented deodorant.
Know your Sweat
Yes, indeed, different people sweat differently. This differentiation is based upon the sweat glands that are known for producing it. The sweat coming from the eccrine gland is mainly a product of salt and water. This type of sweat doesn’t cause body odor as such. Therefore, a mild unscented deodorant is good enough for countering it and gain your confidence. Moreover, the apocrine glands are the ones to produce smelly and thick sweat. It is backed with bacteria as well. The odor especially comes from the underarm. You need an unscented natural deodorant that eliminates bacteria. Similarly, you need to choose the product accordingly as per your type of sweat.
The deodorants are available in different forms and applicators. It all depends on your preference and what suits best with your needs. The most common types available are roll-on sprays and solids. All are good in their way, but the roll-on type is considered to be the most effective one. On their negative side, they could leave a wet feeling under your armpit and that can be uncomfortable for some people. Solid deodorants are comfortable and dry on your skin. But, they could stain your clothes. The spray deodorants are good when it is about their ability to dry quickly. They are very durable on your skin and also provide a pleasant whiff all day. They come with excellent protective properties but might feel cold on the body upon contact. There is also a stick-type deodorant. It is usually preferred by travelers or gym-goers for its compact size.
Deodorants and Antiperspirants are Different
A lot of people think that deodorants and antiperspirants are the same and take the wrong decision with this impression. This is not true at all. Antiperspirants result in a chemical reaction that is designed to control moisture. On the other hand, the primary purpose of deodorant is to kill bacteria and make you smell good. However, you may have products that are 2 in 1. It means they are both deodorant and antiperspirant.
Naturally Sourced Ingredients
You need to set aside some time for researching this factor. The natural ingredients are the best that will ensure you do not have any sort of health issues or any other allergic reaction. The preferable ingredients are the ones that are sourced from flowers, leaves, sea plants or fruits, etc. These ingredients are non-allergen type. You may also find a few such deodorants infused with useful herbal extracts. This factor becomes even more important when the majority of the unscented deodorants are advertised as “natural”, but they are not 100% natural or pure. You need to have a genuine deodorant so that you could save your armpit from any unwanted rash.
If you have said no to scented fragrances or deodorants then your job is just half done with ingredients. There are a few other items that you don’t want to have in such products. The most unwanted ingredients in unscented deodorants are propylene glycol, aluminum, parabens, phthalates, and formaldehyde, etc. The chronic inclusion of these harmful chemicals may result in long-term health consequences. Just to add a little further to your concerns and how dangerous aluminum can be, we regret to inform you that such an ingredient could enhance the risk of breast cancer. For this and many other health reasons, it is important to check the product label thoroughly. There could be some manufacturers who could just hide stuff under their clever marketing.
Your best shot for the subject product should be the one that is long-lasting along with having top quality natural ingredients. You don’t need to apply it again and again to counter body odor and bacteria issues. This would make it a lesser cost-effective option, even if it comes with all safe and natural ingredients. If you are in a market and want to test it before purchase, then try it first on your palm to see how long it lasts.
One must remember here that the different types of sensitivities and allergic concerns result from the chemicals found in the scented fragrances. The best-unscented fragrances are free of all such contents and make life easier for those having such concerns. You must know that deodorants and antiperspirants are not the same, but different things.
WE can surely say that there are plenty of options available for everyone who needs a specific unscented deodorant that will kill the smells and still has no odor that will be treating or harming them in any way.
Don’t expect that these two could be used interchangeably. To find your way to the best-unscented deodorant, you need to adhere to some critical factors that would influence your decision. It is critically important to first know about your type of sweat.
This will make the selection easy. You need to check what kind of applicator suit your needs from solid, roll-on, and spray types. You also need to check for the source of ingredients and that it doesn’t contain any harmful ingredient.
To help you out we have tried our best to explain things easily so that you don’t have to deal with the technical stuff regarding the selection of such deodorants. So feel free to pick one and you won’t be disappointed.