The weather finally dropped in MI today and I’m ecstatic – fall is in the air and I can practically smell all the PSL’s Starbucks must be serving up right now.
Any change of season inspires me to redecorate and reorganize and this week I finally changed up my storage on my bathroom counter and filled it up with my favorite fall eyeshadows, blushes, and lipsticks.
During the day I usually keep my makeup pretty natural since I don’t have a lot of time in the mornings, but if I’m going out at night I love to break out my darker shades!
This is my fall night out makeup tutorial, but it’s something that I’ll typically wear anytime when the weather is cooler. And what makes this tutorial even better is I included three different lippie options so there’s something for everyone!
Also, a heads up, all of these products and more are going to be on sale at Meijer the entire week of September 11 so this is the perfect time to stock up on some of my favorite beauty products for fall!
Before I start any makeup for a night out I always do a quick skincare treatment so my skin looks extra fresh and glowing. Some of my favorites are the Biore Charcoal Nose Strips (lifesavers), Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream, L’Oreal Pure-Clay Mask, and Aveeno’s Ageless Daily Moisturizer.
Today I’m using the L’Oreal TruBlend Liquid Makeup foundation, Maybelline Superstay Better Skin powder, and the L’Oreal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator.
1. Start by blending your foundation in with a small stipple brush. This helps it to blend and melt into your skin, as opposed to just sitting on your skin if you use a traditional foundation brush.
2. Set your t-zone with a powder foundation. I use a powder foundation for nights out because a translucent powder causes flashback in photos with flash – and you know there’ll be photos for a girl’s night out!
3. Apply a generous amount of highlighter to all the high points of your face: brow bone, cheekbones, and a little on the forehead for that subtle glow.
I have some beautiful products for the eyes, I’m starting with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Sharp Purple, CoverGirl Plumpify Mascara, and the L’Oreal Brow Stylist Designer in Blonde
4. Look at how beautiful this eyeshadow is! I like to keep things simple and use one deep color: I apply the bulk of the color right at my lash line and then blend it out with a fluffy brush before it dries for that soft, smoky look.
5. I’m not one for false lashes so I go heavy with a good volumizing mascara. I start at the lash line and then wiggle the brush up to achieve an even distribution.
6. I finish off the eyes with a nice, polished brow. I use pencils that are quite a few shades lighter than my natural hair color so my brows just look polished and not too overdone.
I can never decide on what kind of lippie to go with so I’m showing all three of my picks today! For those that like neutral lips, I picked the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Almond Nude; for those like red lips, I picked the Maybelline LipStudio Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint in Red-dy or Not; and for my bright lip girls, I picked the NYX Liquid Lip Suede Lipstick in Jet Set.
The finished look!
I’d love to know, which lip look do you like best? Let me know in the comments because I can’t decide!
Thanks for reading,