The best nail clipper is a very common yet tool to have at home. The quality of the product and its range of features could make a world of difference. Further, modern products are quite advanced as compared to the conventional ones. The latter products put more emphasis on getting the job done with immense precision along with convenience. If you have been investing in different products before but are still not satisfied then you are in the right place.
The need is to first analyze your needs for a nail clipper and then search for a specific product that is compatible with your needs. The range is diverse with nail clippers for babies up to adults with varying needs and preferences. We will share all the information that is necessary to get the best nail clipper. Furthermore, we will also address some of your concerns and then the best products that you could shortlist for purchase right away.
Top 10 Nail Clippers to Purchase
If you are all set with your needs in mind then pick any product from the below list that matches your needs. We guarantee that you will not regret your decision. It is because the below-given nail clippers are top of the line products with countless ongoing satisfied customers.
Harperton Toenail and fingernail Clipper Set
This is a product that offers the best nail clipping for both toe and fingernails. The stainless steel blades of this clipper are designed to be tough, which makes trimming effortless. The material also allows you to sterilize it before and after operation conveniently. The same thing also allows this to be used commercially at salons for different clients with no hygienic issues. You do not need to apply any pressure as the clipper itself takes all the responsibility. It has an ergonomic design and you will always be at ease while operating it.
- It comes with an ergonomic handle that allows it to be handled with ease.
- The stainless steel material can be sterilized for ensuring top hygienic standards.
- Precisely sharpened blades ensure smooth clipping while preventing any nail splitting chances.
- It is suitable for kids and adults alike along with the option for both toe and fingernail clipping.
- The sharpness of the blade does get comprised with just a little extra use.
The First Years American Red Cross Nail Clipper with Magnifier
A 4 x magnifier is also strategically placed for reducing eyestrain. The magnifier could be flipped out when required. Otherwise, it could be in a folded position so that your access and vision doesn’t get compromised.
- It comes with stainless steel blades for excellent performance and hygiene.
- A 4 x magnifier is there for making viewing of tiny baby nails easy.
- The design is ergonomic with a comfortable plastic grip.
- Sharp and gentle performance is guaranteed for babies.
- It leaves nails with sharpness so a filer is always required, which is an added requirement..
SZQHT Wide Jaw Opening Nail Clipper
- An ideal option for those with thick and ingrown nails due to diabetes, fungus, and aging, etc.
- This manicure clipper is made from premium quality stainless steel.
- The grip is comfortable and non-slippery to offer good control.
- The sharp blades ensure smooth operation with no chance of splitting.
- The manufacturer spent too much on packing aesthetics which makes it a costly option.
Kohm CP-120L Wide Jaw Heavy Duty 15mm Toenail Clippers
- It has an extra-wide jaw to clip thick nails with ease.
- The design is heavy duty so that no extra pressure is required for making it work.
- It is suitable for both fingernails and toenails.
- The curved jaw blades allow for the excellent finishing of the clipped nails.
- The ergonomics are not as good as they are advertised.
Zizzili 3-piece Stainless Steel Nail Clippers
The product comes in a set of three nail clippers and tools for cleaning. All of these are made from stainless steel material. The stainless steel used is of 420-grade construction that is emphatically designed for bringing precision in nail clipping. Thanks to the sharpened blade edges of this clipper for getting things done. The design is convenient too that offers excellent gripping with no slipping. It is portable and could be carried easily in your bag or pocket. All your needs for manicure, pedicure, and nail clipping will be satisfied with this single packaged product.
- It offers durable construction with top quality 420-grade stainless steel.
- It is a complete set with a toenail clipper, fingernail clipper, and file with a nail cleaning point pin.
- It is a portable option that comes with a leather pouch and carries case.
- The cutting edges are efficient and hand sharpened.
- The file that comes in the package is worthless.
Hawatour UltraSharp Nail Clipper Set
- The sharp blades ensure well-groomed and precisely cut nails.
- Separate clippers for toenails (bigger) and fingernails (smaller) are given with the set.
- There wouldn’t be any issue of nail tearing or splitting.
- The ergonomic design makes the job easy with its non-slip and comfortable grip.
- The jaw doesn’t open up much wider to clip some of those thicker nails with ease.
No-mess Original nail Clipper
- The nail clipper comes with a built-in catcher so that there is no mess of clipped nails.
- It offers sharp and crisp clipping. A file is also included in case it is required.
- The grip and control of this clipper are out of class.
- It comes with an unconditional lifetime guarantee.
- The boxier and thicker design requires a bit of practice to master.
Green Bell Nail Clipper G-1008
- The curved design allows clipping nails with precision with the help of easy holding.
- It is made from top-class stainless steel material.
- A built-in file is there in the handle for using it easily if required.
- The formula is manufactured with all-natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals.
- The sharp blades are excellent to offer quick and effortless nail clipping.
- The size of the clippers might a bit too big to be suitable for someone with smaller hands.
Core will Stainless Steel Nail Clipper Set with Glass Nail File
- It is made from top quality stainless steel.
- The blades are extra sharpened for smooth and precise clipping.
- The product comes with a separate glass nail file.
- You will get this in a stylish looking leather pouch for easy storage and carrying.
- The glass nail file is a bit too big and it could leave behind black color on your fingers.
Safety 1st Sleepy Baby Nail Clipper
- The grip is comfortable with no slipping issues.
- It comes with a blue LED light for better vision of the nails.
- An emery slot and an emery board are also included with the package.
- It is battery operated which is long-lasting
- The product is not much durable
Frequently Asked Questions about Nail Clippers
Which material of the clipper is hygienically viable?
The stainless steel material is hygienically best for clippers. First, it doesn’t rust and second, you can easily sterilize it.
What is the difference between toenail and fingernail clippers?
The toenail clippers are designed to be straight, typically. The fingernail type on the other end is a curved shape.
Do I need to change my clipper frequently?
No. If you have invested in a good stainless steel clipper and you are good with its hygienic maintenance then you could use it for as long as a decade.
Which is the best nail clipper for my infant?
The scissor clipper with a round shape is preferable for babies.
Things to Consider when Buying Nail Clippers
You are sure that you need nail clippers for enhancing your hygiene and making your fingers presentable with trimmed nails. What you might not know is the information about the critical factors that will influence your decision about buying a specific product. This section will touch base with all those crucial factors to make your selection of nail clippers easy.
The consideration of the type is the first thing to do in your way towards shortlisting the most optimal nail clipper. The following are the different types of nail clippers available:
- Lever – This classic type is one of the most used ones for a long time and it is still relevant. It comes with a lever and pressing that would bite down the jaws for giving a clean, smooth cut. When this type of clipper is not preferred then the reason is usually associated with the amount of excessive force applied on the nail. In the worst cases, it may lead to nail breaking and fracture. This type is good for fingernails. For toenails, precision with lever clipper is often compromised.
- Nipper – Nipper is a plier kind of a clipper. It is designed to work best with the toenails. It comes with a handle that is designed in a way to provide supplementary dexterity. It is mostly preferred by users in the medical industry. The user doesn’t need to worry about snapping or cracking, which is usually the case with lever clippers, as discussed above. The nipper clipper is engineered to clip off the end of the nail. The user may need some time to master it due to the handle length, which is one definite downside of the product. They could be costly but value for money is excellent in the long run.
- Guillotine – This is a clipper type that you might have seen with veterinary doctors or in a pet shop. It is used for clipping dog nails but be rest assured that it can be used by humans too. They are quite similar to the nipper type discussed above. They are highly suitable for overgrown and thicker toenails. However, the heavy-duty nature of such clippers requires a good amount of physical effort to be applied.
- Scissor – If you have thin nails then nothing could work better than a scissor clipper. They come with a practical design having round edges. This feature makes it suitable for babies because of the gentle clip with a round shape. Unfortunately, this type fails to provide precision with nail trimming. However, a nail file is always accompanied by such products to further shape the nails.
A good range of the nail clippers available in the market comes with low-quality metal and might also be coated in nickel. They are low priced but that is something that you should avoid. The clippers made with a solid stainless steel material are the best. This stuff is not only sturdy and long-lasting but, it doesn’t rust as well over time. The stainless steel will also allow maintaining a nice sharp edge of the clipper for better performance.
A professional pedicurist or manicurist does invest in different types of nail clippers. As a basic user at home, you need to define your purpose of the nail clipper. It could be a separate choice for fingernails and toenails. Furthermore, you may need to have a specific nail clipper for babies, which differs from the same for adult users.
Sometimes, accidental damage or clipping of your nails at work or anywhere outside could be a horrifying experience. This is the time when having a nail clipper handy matters a lot. Therefore, it is important to keep portability in mind for emergencies when looking to buy a nail clipper. You can look for a nail clipper that comes in a pouch so that you could easily put it in your glove box or your purse. If you are planning to use clippers for home use only then portability doesn’t matter much.
Along with the desire to have neat and clean nails, precision in nail clipping is of importance too. It doesn’t only make your fingers look bad but, it may also result in split, fracture, and breaking of nails. It is important to have a product that is upright for dexterity and could work at varying angles. Clippers with precision in mind are usually designed with small handles. They are easier to use as well as compared to the plier clippers.
Nail clippers require excessive maintenance and cleaning for hygienic needs. If you have a dirty nail clipper then it might trigger chances of infection and/ or skin irritation. If you have invested in stainless steel clippers (which you should) then they are easy to sterilize. Doing so will allow the nail clipper to be shared easily among the family with no hygienic issues.
Buying the best nail clippers is an easy investment but requires a bit of research. It is a matter of personal hygiene and presentation so things shouldn’t be compromised at all. The first requirement is to analyze your needs.
Then you need to choose the type of product from a diverse range that should meet your needs. You need to be careful with the material of the nail clipper, where stainless steel is the best. It doesn’t rust and you can sterilize it as well. You may consider the portability of the product if you think that you may require a nail clipper on the go. Finally, do consider precision in the subject product if you want to get nail clipping without compromising quality.