Let’s face it – I love to curl my hair but using hot rollers every day doesn’t exactly lead to happy, healthy hair! I’m stocking up on all my favorite lifesaving products for damaged hair to get my blow out looking beautiful again!
Four Lifesaving Products for Damaged Hair You Need to Stock Up On
I love curly hair. It’s a shame I wasn’t born with naturally curly hair, just for the amount of money I’ve spent on curlers and hair spray over the years! But soft, beautiful curls come at a price – while I’ve never dyed my hair and I don’t expose it to chlorine often, my hair is very dry and brittle. Constant heat exposure and product build up over the years will do that to a girl!
But not anymore! I’m turning my hair from dry to restored in with just four products – and here’s how I did it.
Not every product is going to “fix” your hair. You have to look for products that are specific to what your hair needs to be healthy again. For me, my hair was dry and brittle so I needed products with a lot of moisture, which is why I stocked up on the Biotera Natural Origin NURTURE line at Sally Beauty – here’s what you need to know:
- It’s made to moisturize your hair. If dry isn’t your problem, there’s also a RESTORE line for damaged hair and a RENEW Silky Milk for daily moisture.
- The real reason why I snagged this brand is because it’s free from silicones, sulfates (sulfated surfactants), parabens and dyes – just a few things my hair can do without! Plus, it features biodegradable formulas and 100% recyclable packaging**, so you can care for your hair – and the Earth – at the same time!
- If you’ve dyed your hair, these are color safe products that gently restore beauty and radiance, delivering the honest-to-goodness healthy hair you need to achieve salon perfection.
Step 1: Condition, then shampoo, then masque
On the right is the “After” – can you see how much shinier and silkier my hair looks with just one wash? Here’s how I did it:
- First, condition: Natural Origin NURTURE Conditioner
- Second, shampoo: Natural Origin NURTURE Shampoo
- Third, masque: Natural Origin NURTURE Masque
Because I’m using a masque for extra moisture, I conditioned first and shampooed second to give my hair a break in between all of the moisturizing happening.
But as smooth and shiny as my “new” hair looks – we have to talk about coconut oil and honey. Specifically, that’s what the Nurture line is scented with and it’s literally the best hair scent ever. Nothing smells as fresh and sweet as coconut oil plus honey! Move over, heavily-fragranced salon products loaded with chemicals – with up to 97% naturally derived ingredients, Biotera offers a high-quality alternative to Biolage® R.A.W. for less!
Step 2: Detangle and style
And here’s a FINAL “After” picture (bonus points for a wardrobe change because I was very unprepared for the Michigan cold!) after I used my hot rollers!
Happy shopping – and good luck turning your hair from dry or damaged to restored and beautiful!