19 Notes for 2019
It’s another year gone by and I’m another year wiser…and another year more tired! But a fresh year means new me, new routines and new motivations. Here’s 19 notes for the new year, 2019.
19 Notes for 2019
1. It’s officially the year of…wingin’ it. And I mean more than just winging my gel eyeliner!
2. I’m changing my MBA concentration from marketing to information systems management this year. There’s only so much theory about marketing I can handle in one lifetime.
3. I’m paying my student loans off this year. Starting balance: $19,350.57. Wish me luck!
4. 2019 is the year of the content QUEEN. I’ve already lined up all my blog posts for January and I’m optimistic that hard work will pay off for the blog this year.
5. I hope the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before sequel drops in 2019. I need more Peter Kavinsky in my life! Or rather, on my MacBook screen!
Life doesn’t have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen.
6. I didn’t go out on a single date in 2018. That’s what happens when I let work + school + side hustling rule my life. 2019 = getting out more.
7. I need to stop wearing so much navy blue in 2019. It’s my favorite color, but it’s all I wear and it’s time to step outside of my comfort zone.
8. Speaking of student loans…starting January 1, I’m on a spending ban until I pay all of them off. Also, please with me luck.
9. Also on the list of things I didn’t do in 2018 was read any books. Now that I have the second half to he year off school, I’m loading up my to-read list!
10. I’m not getting a new car or a house this year. It’s a bummer, but I’m still a few years out.
11. 2019 is going to be the first year I don’t move apartments since 2012. Or at least, it better be.
12. 2019 is also going be the first year I don’t buy any handbags. Hopefully.
13. I don’t think I’m going to travel in 2019, and that’s okay. I’m using all my money to pay for student loans and graduate tuition and that’s basically all my money.
14. I want to get more in touch with my Slovakian heritage this year. I found out in 2018 that I’m about 25% Slovak and I know practically nothing about the culture. I’m starting with the food, obviously.
15. A personal goal for 2019 is to find the best happy hour around. I’m not going to travel, but that doesn’t mean I can’t explore cheap food where I live!
16. I need to find a good work-life balance in the new year. I have a habit of not being able to relax or enjoy a book because I feel guilty for not spending my time doing something that’s making money. Being a workaholic is so 2018.
17. My motivation to pay off my student loans is that once I do, I’m giving myself $500 to redecorate the apartment. So believe me, I want to pay these off!
18. I’m going to take more pictures in 2019. I want to remember the precious moments spent with friends.
19. To enjoy the year and stop waiting for the next one to start living ♡