My Number One Secret to Big, Voluminous Hair
//not sponsored, affiliate links included
…That’s why my hair is so big. *It’s full of secrets* Well, not really full of secrets but full of hairspray and lots and lots of volume! I achieved this big, voluminous hair in under 10 minutes of effort – best hairstyle, ever!
Take your hair from this…
- It’s seven different textures. The hair on the back of my head is ridiculous thick and holds a curl and volume like no one’s business. The hair in the front of my head is the total opposite: thin and lifeless.
- My hair gets so frizzy. Even if I apply a gel or oil, it will still frizz. All around.
- Because it gets frizzy, it looks dry and brittle.
On a whim a few weeks ago, I purchased a set of Conair Instant Heat Compact Rollers off Amazon (gotta have that Prime shipping!) and consider my life CHANGED. I searched high and low for a good set because it seems like these days, it’s harder and harder to find a set that gets hot and doesn’t leave marks on your hair.
Twelve rollers is all it takes for my whole head of hair – and trust me, I have a lot of it! There was definitely a learning curve the first time I used them, but after that, it now takes me under 10 minutes to roll and clip.
The secret to getting these to look voluminous is a few items:
- Roll the rollers under the hair – this creates volume at the base of the root.
- Leave them in for at least 45 minutes
- Take them out gently, and then hairspray until you can’t hairspray any more!
A word of caution: this won’t give you Shirley Temple curls. And if you brush it out, you’ll get more of a Kate Middleton effect. But, gorgeous none the less!
Curls aren’t your style? Check out this five minute bun hairstyle that is perfect for busy mornings!