This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BTSWithPinkGrapefruit #CollectiveBias
Who needs a big cup of coffee after school started this week? This girl! Classes may have gotten the best of me but I’m not backing down – especially with my new skincare routine that’s all about a clear mind and clear skin!
My confidence story
I have to have confidence during my entire day – it’s just the nature of my job and a product of being a graduate student. Whether I’m presenting designs to a client or running to a demonstration for my marketing strategy class, I have to be confident. Confidence is what helps clients have faith in me and in my work. Confidence is what shows my professors that I deserve the grade. But, it’s not always easy to show up and tell self-doubt to beat it!
It starts with clear skin
For me, confidence starts the minute I wake up in the morning and get started with my routine. Here’s a few things I do to keep my skin – and my head! – clear:
- Have a morning mantra. Something that gets you motivated; that gets you moving and keeps you from letting self-doubt in. My mantra is “Be present. Be kind. Be brave.”
- Stay hydrated. A full glass of water is part of the beginning and the end of my day to keep my system healthy and my skin glowing.
- Get your skincare down. For me, it’s all about easily accessible products that clean, treat breakouts and moisturize with an uplifting blast of pink grapefruit from the #1 Dermatologist recommended Acne Brand – and that’s NEUTROGENA® products.
Healthy skin = skin I’m confident in
There’s nothing worse to your confidence than having a presentation in front of a client and having a second presenter invited – yep, having a big ol’ breakout. Whether it’s in the middle of my forehead or on my cheek, my breakouts show up right where they’re noticeable!
- For me, moisturizing is key. Keeping pores from drying out is what keeps my breakouts at bay.
- Right now, my go-to is the NEUTROGENA® Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer Pink Grapefruit. The dual-action formula combines oil-free hydration with powerful acne medicine. It helps treat and prevent breakouts and it moisturizes thirsty skin.
- As soon as I see a breakout form, I put extra moisturizer on it in the morning to keep the surrounding skin from drying out.
It’s understandable that these skincare products and routine may not work for everyone, especially those with severe bouts of acne. In this case, it may be ideal for you to explore other avenues, like medication, or for something more natural, tea tree oil or marijuana. Cannabis has been proven to help clear up acne effectively and is worth exploring to see if it is useful in managing your skin issues. You can find marijuana options at https://buymyweedonline.ca/product/lindsay-og-aaaa/ for those of you that are interested.
Set yourself up for success
Taking care of your skin doesn’t just happening in the morning. Just like being confident doesn’t just happen for a presentation. It happens all day long and is something I constantly practice. Setting myself up for success means taking care of my skin all day long.
- I’m confident before, during and after presentations. I have a smile on my face, my mantra in my head and clear skin to show.
- I keep a pack of NEUTROGENA® Cleansing Wipes, Pink Grapefruit in my bag just in case my confidence slips and I start to sweat my makeup off – so no one is the wiser!
- When the day is done, I wipe away my struggles, downfalls and negative thoughts with the NEUTROGENA® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Gel cleanser.
Every day is a new day with the opportunity to be more confident!
Have I convinced you to get clear skin and be more confident? All it takes is a quick trip to your local CVS to pick up your own NEUTROGENA® Oil-Free Acne skincare! CVS is definitely my top pick for stocking up on new skincare – I love popping in just to check out new skincare releases or just to see what I can score a deal on with my coupon stash! Any time I run an errand, I usually have to make a quick stop just to see the latest and greatest! And speaking of deals…
Do you know what makes me even more confident? Saving money: earn up to $2 cash back on NEUTROGENA® Acne products through Ibotta while supplies last. And, beginning on 9/9, you can buy 1 NEUTROGENA® Pink Grapefruit product at CVS and get 1 50% off, that week only!
What’s your confidence success story? A presentation that you rocked? Breakouts you treated successfully? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to start your confidence story with NEUTROGENA®.