My New Favorite: elf Blemish Control Primer
//not sponsored, affiliate links included
There is literally nothing worse than spending time doing your makeup and achieving a beautiful look…only to have it melt off four hours later. I’ve recently started using a primer and I’ve been quite impressed with it-I’m not usually one to use a primer because I thought they were only for oily skins, and that was a big mistake!
What does the elf Blemish Control Primer do?
- A primer is a protective layer in between your daily moisturizer and your foundation
- It fills in any gaps in your skin (i.e. pores, acne scars) to create an even layer foundation to sit on
- All skin types can use primers, no matter if you’re oily, dry or a combination
There’s a wide range of primers available, I just happen to like the elf Blemish Control Primer which has ingredients like Salicylic Acid, Vitamin E, and Tea Tree Oil to help fight breakouts.
How often do I use a blemish control primer?
- I recommend applying once per day – elf claims this product can be used up to three times per day, but Salicylic Acid is known to dry out skin so I would use sparingly
- Anytime you use any beauty product with Salicylic Acid, be sure to use a highly-moisturizing night cream at night to keep your skin healthy.
Interested in reading more reviews of my favorite drugstore brand? Click here to check out my elf review archives!