I Went to NYC for 3 Days and Almost Didn’t Come Back!

November 4, 2017Kelly Baum

//not sponsored, affiliate links included

I just got back this week from a few days in NYC and holy cow, was it an experience! I decided to take a leap of faith this year and book my first airplane trip ever – next stop, LaGuardia airport! I’m not going to lie, I was really nervous to go – traveling with food allergies is never easy, especially when you have seven of them. But it actually was not as difficult as I thought it would be and I ended up having a lot of fun and took some really gorgeous photos!

I Went to NYC for 3 Days and Almost Didn’t Come Back!

I Went to NYC for 3 Days and Almost Didn't Come Back!

// THE SIGHTS

Unfortunately it poured for most of my time there but that didn’t stop me! My favorite place I stopped was the Metropolitan Museum of Art – such an incredible experience. And I got to see a few of the Imperial Faberge eggs in person! Times Square was also an amazing experience: if you go, definitely go at night so you get the full effect of just how bright it is.

For this trip, since I had two full days in the city, I spent day 1 in upper Manhattan and day 2 in lower Manhattan, which ended up being a really logistically convenient way to do it.

I Went to NYC for 3 Days and Almost Didn't Come Back!

I Went to NYC for 3 Days and Almost Didn't Come Back!

// THE FOOD

I’m happy to say I had no major allergic reactions during the trip! The airports were a struggle since they don’t have many gluten free options, but I packed some KIND bars for this trip so I was fine. In the city, I ate at Briciola which had amazing gluten free pasta, Juniors which had gluten free cheesecake, and at Amorino Gelato which had gluten free cones!

I Went to NYC for 3 Days and Almost Didn't Come Back!

// THE STAY

No, we didn’t stay on the Upper East side, although I wish we could have! I AirBnB’d at a small apartment in Queens which was a great decision because it was very inexpensive, and I picked one that was only a block away from the local metro station. There was definitely more than one cockroach so be warned if you decided to AirBnB in NYC. But it was worth it to save all that money versus staying at a hotel on the island.

*Looking to take your next trip? If you sign up via my referral link here, you’ll get $40 off your stay!

Overall, this was an invaluable experience, from the airplane ride to seeing Anastasia on Broadway to grabbing macarons at Lauduree! But I’m definitely happy to be home.

Comments (38)

lisa

December 10, 2019 at 6:06 am

Such a nice experience in NYC. Thanks for sharing this post to us! I love that even though it rained so hard in NYC, it didn’t stop you not to be happy and you still enjoyed .everything… that really nice. Ice cream and the pasts really looks so mouth watering.

bitcoin loophole software review here

December 8, 2019 at 1:52 am

The lamp looks great! Do you think this can work on wood frames that are gold? I would like to spray them a pewter color. I would be so happy if they could transform as beautifully as your lamp. Thanks for sharing.

homestay melaka

December 3, 2019 at 6:16 am

Nope. The lack of attractions is a year-round condition, not a viable explanation for why summer crowds would be lower than non-summer crowds. But you already know that; how much will it cost me to cross this bridge?

lisa

November 25, 2019 at 6:43 am

Lol, you sound like my husband! He has complained about the ROI at this park for years! Every time we go, he makes the comment that it the only park anywhere that you have to spend a lot to get in, to “get the right” to spend even more money for your “entertainment” – shopping & dining.

pawna lake camping

November 20, 2019 at 11:54 pm

We are planning to get friends at NYC. photos are beautiful. Thank you this sharing post.

lisa

November 13, 2019 at 7:01 am

jack

November 10, 2019 at 7:52 am

carry

November 4, 2019 at 6:10 am

In all seriousness, I’m with you all the way. Pinterest is a great venue to bookmark ideas, but has really become a complete source for people from weddings to house ideas. Definitely takes away from originality. On the other hand, I see that it has encouraged. creativity in people who arent normally creative. Great post, thanks.

king

October 16, 2019 at 5:36 am

The creative person you are you have just done an amazing job I am much glad to visit your post because it’s much beneficial and useful for me.

shiza

October 4, 2019 at 1:06 pm

I’m so jealous that’s all your food allergies are! I actually have seven total (can you believe that luck) and I didn’t travel for a LONG time because I was honestly terrified of what could happen…but it’s really down to planning your food well during a trip and making sure to inform the server every single time – good luck on your next trip, hope it’s for something fun!

lisa

October 3, 2019 at 3:41 am

Oh yes, I still remember the nissan those days, in fact most people I knew had this car. The new model seems worth the try but not for me for the time being. I just changed my car three years ago and am happy with it.

lisa

September 27, 2019 at 9:41 pm

Thank you for reminding me I need to check my credit report! I set up my first secured credit card this past year and I’ve been trying to remember to use it more to help with my credit score, even though I hardly even think about using a credit card. It’s just not in my nature. But I know it’s important

just education online

September 23, 2019 at 7:48 am

Hello, If they give certificates in 3 to 4 days then definitely i would go, learn and practice and get that certificate. really excited to go under water again. don’t have much experience but anytime i go it feels so amazing and wonderful.

general store

September 17, 2019 at 5:34 am

Hi, Kelly! Our family is flying to NYC this April and we are all excited about it. Friends told me about the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Sporting Events, and concerts. I am looking forward to the food like you do too. Xoxo.

Pawna

September 17, 2019 at 5:14 am

NYC is a mini heaven on the earth. You can enjoy the best part of life at this place. This is one of my favorite destinations to visit. I love the photos you have posted on your blog, it makes my memories alive. Thank you very much for the post.

general store

September 16, 2019 at 8:02 am

I’ve struggled to write a good “About me” page for a while. I didn’t want it to be a diary and a rambling only about myself, but at the same time, I wanted to have some personality there. And so I did what I usually do – I opened up a bunch of other blogger’s “About me” page and analyzed what they have written.

Omio Coupons

September 7, 2019 at 1:06 pm

jeftine avio karte

September 1, 2019 at 10:36 am

Hello, Nice post, Lynda! I have found that sealing my bowls with the Clear acrylic sealer I get at the local building supply store really helps to stiffen the all-purpose rope bowls I make. They end up pretty rigid, so they are functional as well as decorative, and the sealer protects the surface from stains. I’m not sure if this would be an issue with your dyed cord – do you rinse the cord or wash out after the dye has set? If not, there could be bleeding issues with the sealer.

Cannabis Crop Insurance

August 17, 2019 at 12:55 pm

Craft Beer Sacramento

August 15, 2019 at 11:30 am

I just love New York! We get to visit once in a while with my husband on business and it is a real treat. I also travel with food allergies so I feel like I have found a friend!! Thankfully my allergies are to pecans and kidney beans which are both way easier to avoid than yours! Traveling while allergic can really be hard. Our next trip is coming up soon and it will be super cold for us Texans so we need to bundle up.

WiFi

August 9, 2019 at 3:39 am

Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological globe
    all is presented on web?

Kate Berkey

April 3, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Jeff Shft

January 22, 2019 at 7:52 am

We are planning to get married at NYC. I hope the weather permits. We wish to have it somewhere at the Central Park.

Aparna Verma

January 12, 2019 at 2:23 am

NYC is a dream.
    I just love going there.
    But I loved your pasta picture…
    Thanks for sharing such amazing article.

Jennifer Berkey

November 18, 2018 at 6:53 am

Of course, the food is my favorite part in visiting NYC. Yep, they have gluten-free food around so good thing that you’ve survived the trip! Xoxo.

Rio

September 18, 2018 at 4:37 am

NYC is an amazing city. I’ve only ever visited once but I’m itching to go back again. The food, the sights, everything is just so great. I fell in love with Central Park especially.

Li

August 29, 2018 at 10:04 am

You look like you had a great time in New York! I love reading your post! Thanks!

Konkan

August 17, 2018 at 6:14 am

Nice photos and you had a time of a life. I would love to visit Manhattan some day in my life. I like style of your writing.

Benita Nwoko

May 30, 2018 at 5:09 pm

NYC is the Paris in the US. No doubt. Thanks for this beautiful piece.

victoria james

May 16, 2018 at 6:24 pm

Update, got a chance to go back to New York and it was fun but I’m not sure if New Yorkers are ruder than before but c’est la vie.

victoria james

March 15, 2018 at 9:34 pm

I grew up in Philly and went to NYC as a kid but that’s a totally different experience. I’m very excited to take a trip now as an adult and take my own kids. Your tip about splitting Manhattan up into two sections will probably save a lot of headaches. Thanks for sharing!

Holly

January 1, 2018 at 6:32 pm

I haven’t been to NYC yet but really want to! So far our only trip to the USA was to LA but I loved it!

1. Avatar

Kelly Baum

January 1, 2018 at 7:17 pm

I’m SO jealous, Los Angeles is at the top of my travel wishlist! Especially in the dead of winter, like it currently is here in Michigan!

Evan Kristine

December 28, 2017 at 1:52 am

1. Avatar

Kelly Baum

January 1, 2018 at 7:18 pm

It’s all about how you look at it! I wasn’t going to let a little rain ruin my much-anticipated trip!

Lifestyle Blogs with Commentluv – The Educational Tourist