// not sponsored, affiliate links included. Thanks for supporting A Thing of Beauty!
So at the moment I’m having a bit of a “staycation” at home – I had a few extra vacation days from work but didn’t want to spend the time or money traveling anywhere so I opted for a few days at home to catch up on life, deep clean the house (the holidays bring SO much glitter!) and of course, indulge in chocolate! I was playing around in the kitchen earlier today when I had a craving for both coffee and chocolate and decided to create what is literally the most amazing cup of hot chocolate mixed with coffee that I’ve ever had! Recipe for my Nutella mocha below, enjoy!
Recipe: Le Gourmet Nutella Mocha Cafe, or Nutella Hot Chocolate with Coffee
Ingredients & supplies:
For today’s recipe I’m using semi-sweet baker’s chocolate: I recommend using a chocolate bar from the baking aisle at your local supermarket because it’s going to give your drink that slightly bitter flavor that hot chocolates usually have. Don’t worry if you don’t like semi-sweet chocolate, the Nutella will sweeten it up!
Upscale your hot chocolate with this easy and delicious recipe for gourmet Nutella mocha cafe, using ingredients straight from your fridge!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup espresso
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- Dollop of whipped cream
- Start by preparing your espresso or coffee how you like best: I used the drip brew method to prepare a medium-light roast and let it brew for 5 minutes
- Add the milk to a small saucepan and place on medium heat. Heat up until small bubbles appear around the edge of the milk - do NOT bring to a boil
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate and lightly whisk to dissolve
- Add the Nutella and lightly whisk to dissolve
- Pour brewed espresso into a large mug, followed by melted chocolate
- Top with a large dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and serve with a vanilla bean if desired
Thanks for reading,