// this post has been sponsored by Sally Beauty – thanks for supporting A Thing of Beauty.
Well…we made it. We made it to the dog days of summer. It’s been a fabulous 90+ degrees here in Michigan and I think I might actually be dying. It’s like “the mitten” is giving a big old wave to any sort of comfort I’ve been feeling this summer. And to make matters worse, I have what I would call “paler than fair” skin and it roasts when I’m outside in anything less than SPF 50. So, I’m sharing my tips on how I’m getting that bronze glow on my gloriously pale skin this summer! I’ve crafted a detailed skincare routine that for bronzing and glowing from head to toe – literally, as this routine starts with facial skincare and ends with some of my favorite treatments for the feet! Here’s how to get the look of glowing skin for summer:
Get the Look: Healthy, Bronzed Glowing Skin for Summer
STEP 1 // THE FACE
If you’re planning on bronzing up your body, you definitely can’t forget your face! However, that super model glow starts with having healthy and well-looked after skin so it’s important to invest in a good routine. Here’s my basic but detailed skincare routine:
1. Start with a clay face mask. I spread a thin layer on my entire face and grab a book to enjoy while it dries and then I wash it off after 15 minutes in the shower
2. I then finish cleaning my skin with a hydrating gel cleanser that has a good range of ingredients so I can target any areas my skin is lacking in
3. Once I’m out of the shower I apply a thin layer of a hydrating face mask to give a final layer of moisture, and apply cucumber pads to my eyes since it’s best to avoid the eye area when using treatments for the face
4. Once all of that is done, I seal everything up with a generous layer of moisturizer
STEP 2 // THE BODY
The skin on our body gets so dry during summertime as it’s exposed to sun damage, lake or sea water, and shaving so it’s very important in my skincare routine to do a full-body massage with some of my favorite treatments!
1. I start with an exfoliant on any areas that are looking dry, i.e. elbows, heels, hands, etc. I’ll follow up with an intense hydrating treatment to really target these problem areas
2. Next I apply a generous layer of body lotion to my whole body and before that has dried I start applying tanning lotions. This is important to apply before the moisturizer dries so that the tanning lotion has something to blend into and help settle into your skin with!
STEP 3 // TIME TO TAN
1. As I said in the step above, before my body lotion has dried, I start applying the tanning lotions. Start with your face so you can use your hands before they get too muddy and keep a towel on hand to wipe the excess off with
2. I like to apply small dots of the tanning lotion directly onto my arm so that my hands have as little contact with the coloring as possible. No one wants beautiful skin with oompa loompa hands!
As you can see from my before and after, just one day of a routine like this makes an itty bitty difference! I picked up all of my skincare items from my local Sally Beauty and they made it super easy to find all the items I needed to get the look of glowing skin for summer.
I’d love to know, how do you get bronzed and glowing skin this summer? And don’t forget to check out the Sally Beauty Instagram page for more beautiful inspiration!
Thanks for reading,