How to Get Active When You Have No Motivation!

March 27, 2015Kelly Baum

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FitToPlay #CollectiveBias

How to Get Active When You Have No Motivation!
I’m not an athletic person. I don’t like to exercise-it’s boring, gross, and takes up my time, to me. But, that’s being lazy and unhealthy. I’m breaking down all the do’s of exercising because I’ve finally found a routine that works well for me, stereotypical “busy all day” college kid, that’s easy, and very rewarding. I can’t tell you how anti-exercise I used to be, but after 3 solid weeks of my new routine I feel healthier. I can walk up stairs without running out of breath, I’m more limber, and have more energy. Trust me, it’s time to get motivated to hit the gym! So here’s how I got active even when I had no motivation, and how to handle times like that time of the month when you just don’t want to hit the gym with Playtex® Sport®!

How to Get Active When You Have No Motivation!

How to Get Active

I always start my routine with some light stretching. Here’s how I like to break down my routine:

15 minutes – stretching
40 minutes – running (combination of jogging and walking)
15 minutes – cool down stretching

I find that starting and ending my routine with stretching is a great way to warm up and will absolutely help to prevent injuries that will keep you from exercising. I’m severely prone to shin splints so I always focus on my legs. It’s important to be aware of your weak spots and to stretch those out. Nothing kills motivation like a serious injury that you could have prevented!

How to Get Active When You Have No Motivation!
Get a good playlist. When I’m feeling ill or it’s that time of the month, I need extra motivation and that comes in the form of a stellar playlist to work out to. Don’t put any slow or sappy songs on there, it’s all about the remixes to get you pumped up and your heart racing! Here’s a few favorites that are on repeat on my playlist lately:

Hung Up by Madonna
Flathead by The Fratellis
Prayer in C by Robin Schulz, the remix

How to Get Active When You Have No Motivation!
The biggest killer of motivation is dehydration-when you’re feeling thirsty it’s already too late so be sure to drink up while you work out, even if you feel hydrated-keep it up!

How to Get Active When You Have No Motivation!
It can be really hard to get to the gym during that time of the month-I’m busy, exhausted, have cramps, and I’m cranky so exercising is usually the last thing on my mind. But it’s important to keep it up and stay doubly protected. Playtex® Sport® have new combo packs that are perfect to throw in your gym bag so you don’t have to worry about anything while you work out. The one that I grabbed at Walmart for a great price has 18 tampons and 14 pads. Playtex® Sport® now available in Pads, Liners and Combo Packs at Walmart! Now Sport Level Protection™ pads, liners and combo packs with Flexfit™ design to twist and turn with your body. Don’t let your period get in the way. PlayOn!

I found my combo pack at Walmart in a new endcap that will be on display during March, but they can be found with the rest of the feminine products in April!

How to Get Active When You Have No Motivation!
So that’s how I’m getting into a more active lifestyle and keeping the motivation going! Don’t forget to checkout these Playtex® Sport® products at Walmart’s low prices!

I’d love to know what you think, how do you stay motivated to exercise?

Thanks for reading,
Kelly xoxo

Comments (21)

AV Magazine focus on VIZBOX outdoor projection solutions

November 17, 2019 at 12:38 pm

It as hard to come by experienced people in this particular topic, but you seem like you know what you are talking about! Thanks

CRBQcCfvGHxkJXlHvX

November 15, 2019 at 7:25 pm

What information technologies could we use to make it easier to keep track of when new blog posts were made a?

enviar whatsapp masivos gratis

November 15, 2019 at 3:06 pm

I truly appreciate this article.Thanks Again. Cool.

d3500 price india

November 15, 2019 at 8:17 am

Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog post.Thanks Again. Want more.

VIZBOX lead the way with outdoor projector enclosure and control system solution

November 15, 2019 at 6:06 am

It as genuinely very difficult in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, thus I only use world wide web for that purpose, and obtain the most recent news.

Sweat Shirt Supplier

November 13, 2019 at 10:28 am

I reckon something really special in this web site.

who is the best real estate agent in burbank

November 12, 2019 at 9:42 pm

You have brought up a very wonderful points , appreciate it for the post.

who is the best real estate agent in silverlake

November 12, 2019 at 7:34 pm

This excellent website certainly has all the information I wanted about this subject and didn at know who to ask.

pirate place pro

November 12, 2019 at 5:24 pm

you will absolutely obtain fastidious experience.

glendale realtor

November 12, 2019 at 1:02 pm

You are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM.

arcadia real estate agent

November 12, 2019 at 10:51 am

There exists noticeably a bundle to comprehend this. I suppose you might have made distinct good points in features also.

youtube seo tricks

November 12, 2019 at 7:56 am

Wow! This could be one particular of the most helpful blogs We ave ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Excellent. I am also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort.

pravni

November 11, 2019 at 9:54 pm

Thorn of Girl Excellent information and facts could be identified on this web blog.

trang tri noel

November 11, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Looking forward to reading more. Great blog.Really looking forward to read more. Want more.

suba suba

November 7, 2019 at 5:14 am

ecZqBS Well I definitely liked studying it. This tip provided by you is very useful for correct planning.

JanetGoingCrazy

March 28, 2015 at 10:10 am

These are great tips for staying motivated even when we’re busy or it’s that time of the month. #client

1. Kelly Baum

Kelly Baum

March 30, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Thank you for reading!

Erin

March 27, 2015 at 2:42 pm

It is definitely so hard to stay motivated, ESPECIALLY when it’s finals season right now and everything is so crazy! I’ve been finding that my only choice is at-home workouts or some yoga before bed since I really don’t have time for the gym anymore. 🙁 Great tips here!

1. Kelly Baum

Kelly Baum

March 27, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I’m in the same boat which is why I give myself an hour, four times a week, to go to the gym (driving time included!). That way it doesn’t take up too much of my time and I can still get a solid amount of activity in. You can do it! (:

Orly

March 27, 2015 at 1:04 pm

great post! sometimes it is hard to find motivation, but once you are done exercising you will feel so much better
    xo
    Orly
    coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com

1. Kelly Baum

Kelly Baum

March 27, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Thank you! Hope you got some good motivation tips!